Savanna cider joined Amarula Cream to become second largest in its alcoholic beverage class a few years ago. This was achieved with Savanna Dry and Savanna Light which are now complemented by Savanna Dark.
from: Savanna (click image for full story online)
This appears to be a golden cider in a black bottle – wonder if this will bring it some further success in Black Africa?
The video is shows the juice pressing process used by Woods Cider Mill in the apple cider process.
What I find interesting and worthy of thought are:
- the potential to use the liquid extraction process on other separations – eg cashew apples, spent grain from brewing, cassava pressing in washing process
- the simplicity of the technology and it robustness (no close tolerance, no electrical needs if apples are crushed by hand –
- the minimal technology support needs
- the type of process and equipment than can be used, in a safe and hygenic operation, so long as the necessary processes are in place
- the possibilities of carrying out the process on a reasonably large scale